OMG these really are that good!
The only problem with them is that I don’t know how you can stop at one… or two… or three…
Okay, I confess, I’ve already eaten four… which means that they are no longer zero PointsPlus. But still delicious and definitely worthy!
I didn’t use the mini pepperonis, and since I only had a large mini-muffin pan (24 muffins), I used a whole cauliflower and doubled the recipe accordingly.
I’ll post it exactly the way I made it (yum!!), or you can go to Dashing Dish for Katie’s original version >>
I love Trader Joe’s fresh Parmesan Cheese—not from a Green Can!
Dashing Dish recommends using silicone liners or foil muffin liners with paper liners removed, but I didn’t have any and they turned out fine.
She uses egg whites but I added the yolk for a bit of extra flavor. I figured that one egg yolk for 17 muffins won’t kill me!
I froze the leftovers and they turned out great!
Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 extra large egg plus one egg white
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme she uses dried basil, but I didn't have any. Delish with thyme too.
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt she uses garlic powder, but I thought it needed a bit of salt, especially without the pepperoni
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Wash cauliflower and break into segments. Place in food processor, in two batches if necessary. Pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
- Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes, stirring halfway. (Do NOT add water or cover.)
- Remove cauliflower from microwave and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Place back in microwave for 2 minutes. (I forgot this step and it was fine) Mix again.
- Scoop cauliflower mixture into the muffin cups (I use a medium cookie scoop), dividing evenly; I poured a little water into the empty muffin cups so the spray wouldn't burn. Press filling down so it's compact.
- Place muffin tin directly on oven shelf and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or when top starts to become golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool completely before removing from pan, using a mini offset spatula or a knife.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping. (I didn't even need the pizza sauce!)