OMG these really are that good!
The only problem with them is that I don’t know how you can stop at one… or two… or three…
Okay, I confess, I’ve already eaten four… which means that they are no longer zero PointsPlus. But still delicious and definitely worthy!
I didn’t use the mini pepperonis, and since I only had a large mini-muffin pan (24 muffins), I used a whole cauliflower and doubled the recipe accordingly.
I’ll post it exactly the way I made it (yum!!), or you can go to Dashing Dish for Katie’s original version >>
I love Trader Joe’s fresh Parmesan Cheese—not from a Green Can!
Click here for Orna’s Trader Joe’s Shopping List >>
Dashing Dish recommends using silicone liners or foil muffin liners with paper liners removed, but I didn’t have any and they turned out fine.
She uses egg whites but I added the yolk for a bit of extra flavor. I figured that one egg yolk for 17 muffins won’t kill me!
I froze the leftovers and they turned out great!
Try my Cauliflower Muffins with Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute >>
Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 extra large egg plus one egg white
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme she uses dried basil, but I didn't have any. Delish with thyme too.
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt she uses garlic powder, but I thought it needed a bit of salt, especially without the pepperoni
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Wash cauliflower and break into segments. Place in food processor, in two batches if necessary. Pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
- Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes, stirring halfway. (Do NOT add water or cover.)
- Remove cauliflower from microwave and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Place back in microwave for 2 minutes. (I forgot this step and it was fine) Mix again.
- Scoop cauliflower mixture into the muffin cups (I use a medium cookie scoop), dividing evenly; I poured a little water into the empty muffin cups so the spray wouldn't burn. Press filling down so it's compact.
- Place muffin tin directly on oven shelf and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or when top starts to become golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool completely before removing from pan, using a mini offset spatula or a knife.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping. (I didn't even need the pizza sauce!)
This would make a great Passover Kugel!
If I want to use pepperoni, please tell me how much…do I have to cut them up?
Dashing Dish used 1/4 cup of turkey pepperoni for 1/2 head of cauliflower—and yes, I would recommend cutting them up. Click on the link above for her original recipe.
Just made this. Delicious!
Hi, I just discovered your site and it’s great! I have a question, and I think I’m just not finding it. Where can I did the WW Points Plus values and/or nutritional values on your recipes? Thanks!
I’m so glad you found my site! I am currently working on adding PointsPlus values to all the recipes and posts – stay tuned!
Delicious. Will be having this at Passover dinner.
These are fab for Passover, Wendy. Enjoy!
If you don’t use a microwave, how would you recommend cooking the cauliflower? I’m thinking steaming it. What say ya’ll? And would 8 minutes be enough time or would you think it would need more?
Yeah Ron, I think steaming is a good idea – let us know how they turn out.
These are so tasty and good and they are so healthy and around only 50 calories.
These are YUMMY! Just made them with ricotta cheese instead…YUM!