After a week of baking (and tasting) for my little one’s birthday party, I had to go back to my good old turkey burgers—my go-to “back-on-track” food!
Easy. Tasty. Healthy.
I make my turkey burgers in a pan, but you can of course do them on the grill too.
How do you make your turkey burgers? I’d love to hear from you!
Click here to submit a recipe >>
Serve with Fat Free Potato Chips >>
Most people are familiar with Bone Suckin’ Sauce (great in meatloaf!), but don’t know that they also make this amazing seasoning.
It’s fantastic on any kind of poultry or meat. You can find it at Whole Foods and some specialty Barbecue Stores, or on Amazon. (Gotta love Amazon!)
I usually make two packages of burgers at a time because they make delicious leftovers!
I tried the Jennie-O seasoned burgers but I found them a bit oniony.
Trader Joe’s makes a good frozen turkey burger which you can season the same way and pop on the George Foreman Grill.
Don’t press down on the burgers or you’ll squeeze out all the juices.
Masterclad Pro Series Saute 12″ Non-Stick Pan, Splatter Screen, Instant Read Thermometer
Bun-less Turkey Burgers
- Turkey Burger Patties recommended: Jennie-O Lean with natural flavorings
- Canola oil spray
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Bone Suckin' Sauce Seasoning & Rub
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fat Free Thousand Island Dressing optional (for you)
- Mayo or Regular Thousand Island Dressing optional (for him)
- Avocado for serving
- Pat burgers dry and season on both sides: lightly with Lawry's Seasoned Salt; a little more generously with Bone Suckin' Sauce Seasoning; and freshly cracked black pepper to your taste.
- Spray large non-stick pan with canola oil spray and heat on medium high.
- Add turkey burgers—four will fit comfortably in a 12" pan.
- Cook 6 - 7 minutes on each side until there's a nice crust and they are fully cooked inside. (Temp of 165 degrees F for poultry.)
- Check stove temperature and turn pan if necessary so all burgers are getting even heat.
- Have a splatter screen ready in case.
- Serve with Mayo or Thousand Island Dressing, avocado slices and Fat Free Potato Chips!
These were really good, Orn!
So happy to hear it – thanks for the feedback!