The long, spaghetti-like strands make it special, and with a bit of imagination and some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, give you that pasta fix!
I personally prefer to just add some butter or ICBINB spray (see recipe), and parmesan cheese.
Kids love spaghetti squash because they can slurp it like spaghetti!
My little one likes hers with a little butter and cinnamon sugar.
Orna’s Kid-Friendly Spaghetti Squash
If you’re really trying to re-create the pasta experience, you can add marinara sauce as well, but I prefer the above without adding the tomato flavors.
How do you like your spaghetti squash?
Kid-Friendly Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- butter or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray for the Weight Watchers
- parmesan cheese or cinnamon sugar or ground cinnamon and Splenda for the Weight Watchers
- pinch salt
- Wash and pierce spaghetti squash a few times with a fork or sharp knife. Microwave whole in a casserole dish for 2 - 3 minutes to soften skin.
- Cut in half lengthways with a sharp, serrated knife. Remove seeds with a spoon.
- Place cut side down in casserole dish; add 1/4 cup water, cover with plastic wrap or lid and microwave 8 - 10 minutes.
- Pull out the strands with a fork; add salt, butter and parmesan cheese or cinnamon sugar to taste.