This recipe—from Sam’s family—is a real gem. So easy and everyone will ask you for the recipe.
I’m not usually a fan of canned mushrooms, but sometimes you need something super-easy that you can just dump, cook, stir, and serve!
I recommend Brandywine mushrooms.
Oven Fried Rice
- 2 cups Uncle Ben's Original Parboiled Long Grain Rice
- 1 package Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil recommended: Crisco - I use less than half a cup
- 1 regular or two small cans sliced mushrooms recommended: Brandywine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place rice and onion soup mix in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Drain mushrooms into a measuring cup; add enough water to the juice to make 3 cups of liquid. Add mushrooms, liquid, oil, and soy sauce to casserole dish; stir all ingredients very well.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours. (Do not remove lid before the time is up!)
- The mushrooms will all come to the top. Leave the lid on till you're ready to serve; mix well and serve!
Delicious on day 2 or 3. Freezes well.